Norwich based dance company, slanteddance, seek a freelance dance teacher to join their friendly, motivated and skilled team. slanteddance is the market leader in providing dance services, classes and workshops in both community and school settings across the Eastern region; providing dance for over 1500 children/ young people every year.
We are particularly interested in applicants who are experienced in delivering street dance.
Please see Job roles and skills required below:
- Be aware of and apply at all times appropriate Health and safety, child protection and safe guarding precautions in accordance to slanteddance policies.
- Independently plan and deliver dance classes that are structured around slanteddance methodologies and guidelines
- Undertake correct signing in and out processes for every class.
- Deliver classes that prepare students appropriately for performance projects
- Attend company performance projects
- Attend staff meetings and training
- Undertake letter distribution in classes, as required
- Receive fees when applicable and forwards to the office according to Fee system
- Liaise with parents/ guardians/ school teachers at classes, as required
- Experienced in one or all of the following styles: Street Dance, Ballet, Tap, Jazz
- Experience in delivering dance in community and school settings
- Effective classroom management strategies
- Apply creative and technical skill based techniques in classes
- Create and deliver accessible and differentiated routines
Hours are variable and will be discussed with the tutor in the interview. To apply, please send an up to date CV and covering letter referring to the person specification and project description, and return to email@example.com by Monday 8th December. Interviews will be held on Friday 12th December at our offices at The Garage, Norwich.
PLEASE INCLUDE WEEKLY AVAILABILITY ON COVERING LETTER.