Declaration: Upon attending a slanteddance class, you accept slanteddance’s terms and conditions and agree to comply with them at all times. All tutors employed by slanteddance are fully DBS checked and all relevant documentation on child protection, equal opportunities, health and safety etc is available
1. slanteddance reserve the right to amend class times, venues and tutors at any time.
2. Classes/ workshops are subject to availability.
3. Once a student has committed to a block of term, half term, holiday classes or any other slanteddance workshop, no refunds can be given if student changes their mind or cannot attend.
4. Term fees must be paid within 2 weeks of the term starting or you/ your child may be refused entry into the class. Late payment of fees will incur an additional charge. In special circumstances, slanteddance finance team may allow a payment plan to be agreed for one terms fees but this must be agreed in writing by the directors and the payment instalments must be adhered to.Any special offers/ vouchers are subject to availability. Code/ voucher must be shown on payment/ booking and applies to new customers or new classes only. Only one special offer may be used in one academic year.
5. If classes have to be cancelled to extreme weather conditions, staff illness or other exceptional circumstances then no refunds will be given.
6. If term fees are paid by cash or cheque, an additional £1 processing fee will be charged.
7. slanteddance has a zero tolerance policy to bullying and any kind of abuse towards staff or students.
8. Additional support may occasionally be needed for a student, this is not the responsibility of the slanteddance staff but staff will inform parent/ guardian if this is necessary. This will only be asked if slanteddance staff believe it to be in the best interest of the student and class.
9. Assistants cannot always be provided in lessons so ‘toilet buddies’ may be required the same as in a school. If it is necessary, the tutor will pair up younger children with an older child or another parent may help. At all venues the tutor is able to see the toilets from their class so can monitor children going to and from to ensure they cannot leave the building, go the wrong way etc.
10. At each class parents/ guardians will be required to sign their child in/ out for child protection and fire regulation purposes.
11. It is the student’s responsibility to inform the tutor of any injuries prior to the class. If injury is to occur within a slanteddance class, the student is requested to notify a member of staff. Disclaimer: Dance lessons can involve risk of personal injury. Whilst slanteddance takes all reasonable care in the conduct of its classes, it accepts no responsibility for injury or loss caused during classes/ workshops. You are responsible for ensuring that you are physically and mentally fit for the class, and during the class you must at all times take care of your own personal safety.
12. Where possible, slanteddance will endeavour to advise students upon request as to appropriate classes but slanteddance cannot be held responsible for incorrect or unsatisfactory advice. It remains the responsibility of the member to choose the appropriate level and genre of the class he or she wishes to attend.
13. slanteddance accepts no responsibility for loss of property occurring at a slanteddance class venue whether occasioned by negligence or howsoever otherwise arising.
14. Uniform must be worn to all classes and can be purchased from the tutor. Refunds cannot be given unless the uniform is faulty.
15. By attending a slanteddance class, you are consenting that any recordings or photographs can be used for marketing on website, flyers and publications.
Private lessons and dance parties:
slanteddance must be given two weeks notice on any cancellation of a private lesson so that venue can be cancelled. If a student does not give notice within the 2 week period, the student is liable for the studio and/ or tutor fee depending on how much notice is given. Fees will be charged at slanteddance’s discretion.
Photography and filming disclaimer:
1. slanteddance reserve the right to take photographs and film performances, workshops, classes and parties that will be used for marketing on website, flyers and publications.
2. If any members, of any slanteddance event wish to not be filmed or photographed, slanteddance must be informed before the event.
3. All shows are videoed/ photographed and DVDs/ photographs are sold, therefore by attending any slanteddance class and performing at any slanteddance event you are automatically consenting to this.
Please note that websites can be viewed throughout the world and not just in the United Kingdom where UK law applies. In giving your consent you understand that images may be used in printed and electronic form.
Performances are are organised at slanteddance’s discretion. Main performances open to the whole company are usually held in the Autumn and Spring terms. Performances are optional and not compulsory, we just ask to know whether your child would like to take part. If a child is not in a performance, this will not effect their termly class as they will continue to learn the same as other students. Performance and ticket sales information will be given out at the beginning of the show term and show dates/ venues are published on the website often earlier than the term for parents information. Shows are usually on the final Sunday of the term. Ticket sales open as soon as the show letter has gone out to parents/ guardians. Venue for each performance in the year may vary and are subject to change at slanteddance’s discretion. All show venues are suitable for disabled access and are fully risk assessed. Tickets cannot be reserved and will be allocated on payment. Tickets are subject to availability and are on a first come first serve basis. Money will be taken at class or via BACS and the team will process accordingly. If a show has sold out before a payment has been processed then the team will make every effort to ensure entry to the performance and if after checking returns/ other options, then money will be refunded and the customer will be informed. In special circumstances, the slanteddance finance team may allow a payment plan to be agreed for show tickets but this must be agreed in writing by the directors and the payment instalments must be adhered to. Every child will be required to wear slanteddance uniform at any show and this can be purchased through the class tutor or by emailing the administration team. Uniform must be ordered at least 4 weeks before the performance or slanteddance cannot guarantee that it will arrive in time. In cases were uniform has not arrived, we will discuss with the individual to sort clothing option for the performance. At each performance parents/ guardians will be required to sign their child in/ out for child protection and fire regulation purposes.
Please note refunds are not permitted on show tickets however if there is a demand we may be able to resell. This is at the directors discretion.
Use of this website:
This website and all materials within it are the property of slanteddance. slanteddance will not be liable for any losses incurred by you in connection with your use of this website, for any delay in using or your inability to use the website, for any information or products obtained through the website or for any material posted to the website by users of the website. This website is for your own personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from this website. All contents of this website, including any software, are protected by intellectual property rights and other related rights. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form (electronically or otherwise) without the prior consent of slanteddance other than temporarily in the course of using the site’s shop or ticketing services. You are not permitted to link to or use all or any part of slanteddance’s website for any reason which is unlawful, defamatory, harmful obscene or objectionable and, in particular, you are not permitted to transmit anything which, in slanteddance’s opinion, harms its business or in any way offends other users or persons. slanteddance reserves the right to refuse or remove anything which is transmitted via or posted on the website and which, in slanteddance’s opinion, is objectionable or does not comply with these terms and conditions. slanteddance shall not in any way be liable for such actions.
slanteddance may record, preserve, trace and disclose anything which has been transmitted to, from or via the website, where required by law or where slanteddance is acting in good faith. slanteddance’s website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than slanteddance. The operation of such websites is outside slanteddance’s control and you proceed at your own risk. slanteddance does not endorse or sponsor and is not liable for the products, services or content you access through any linked site.These terms and conditions and any Contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law and all disputes shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device when you visit our site. Our cookies do not contain any personal information that we can identify you by. All the information is aggregated and used to see how visitors to our site, as a whole, are using it or to remember your preferences.
You may block these cookies using your web browser. To do so please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for more information and instructions on how to manage cookies. Blocking of cookies may affect some of the functionality of this site.
These terms and conditions of sale shall be deemed to be incorporated in the contract between slanteddance and the customer.
slanteddance is continually seeking to improve the quality of its goods and services. Whilst we take every care to ensure content within the website are accurate (errors & omissions excepted) and informative, we do reserve the right to change specifications or improve our products.
These are subject to change. Please refer to the website.
If we are unable to supply an item ordered due to stock restrictions, we will inform you and endeavour to supply the item as soon as possible. Goods on our website are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to withdraw an item where a print error has occurred.
Payment can be made through the website or by BACS, cash or cheque. A £1 processing fee will incur on cash or cheques. Invoices must be paid within 30 days from the invoice date. slanteddance reserve the right to charge interest at 20% on all overdue amounts and the customer will be liable for all legal costs.
Passing of property
The risk in the goods supplied shall pass to the buyer on delivery into the buyer, possession or to the carrier or place of delivery nominated by the buyer and the seller shall be under no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage occurring thereafter.
Retention of title
Ownership (title) of the goods only passes to the purchaser on full payment of the appropriate invoice.
The seller accepts no liability for any loss, damages or expenses arising from the late delivery of goods by the seller, its agents or its agent’s carriers due to any cause whatsoever. Any delivery time or date dispatch or delivery date which the seller may specify is accordingly a best estimate only and should not be relied upon. The sellers will however, seek to achieve delivery dates specified as far as it is within its power to do-so. Delivery prices are listed on each item on the website. Uniform, tickets and DVDs will not be delivered unless requested and postage and packing is paid for. These items will be handed out in class.
Proof of delivery
A signed proof of delivery document will be available from the seller for a period of 90 days from date on invoice. After this period, the seller may decline such request for proof of delivery or impose a charge for its supply. In any event after this period the buyer shall be liable for payment of monies due in respect of the goods supplied.
Notice of damage/ Incorrect delivery/ Orders don’t turn up
If upon receipt your goods are damaged, incomplete, incorrect or short then notification must be made within 5 working days of delivery. For non delivery of goods notification should be made within 7 days of the invoice date. Claims outside this period will not be accepted. Goods should not be returned without prior authorisation and you must quote your account/school details.
We reserve the right to make a carriage charge plus a 20% handling charge, or minimum of £10 whichever is greater, on all consignments that are refused without reason.
Return of goods
slanteddance guarantee relates to the quality, durability and relative fitness for purpose during the first twelve months after delivery. Any products returned will be assessed by our Quality Assurance department before any compensation is given. If we find no fault with the items) then no refund will be issued and we reserve the right to charge a 20% handling fee or minimum of £10 whichever is greater plus recover any delivery charges incurred.
Where an item is faulty, we reserve the right to repair or replace. If this is not possible, a credit will be issued.
Goods deemed no longer required due to ordering error, surplus to requirements may be considered for return providing prior authorisation is obtained and goods are returned in a re-saleable condition, in the original packaging and within the first calendar month following dispatch. Notification should be within 5 days of delivery and where authorisation is obtained a 20% handling charge or minimum of £10 whichever is greater will be charged. slanteddance will not accept returned goods without prior authorisation or in a non-saleable condition – in such cases goods must be paid for in full by the customer and the standard handling fee (above) will be charged along with any delivery fees incurred. Returns are accepted at slanteddance’s discretion.
The seller shall not be liable to the buyer for failure to perform or delay in performing any of their contractual obligations when this is caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control.
slanteddance never make your personal details available to other companies for marketing purposes other than for the marketing of slanteddance goods and services. We may hold your personal details in order to process your order and/or maintain your account. We may also use your details to send you further information on slanteddance goods and services, to keep you up to date on goods, services, new products and promotional offers you may be interested in or for research purposes. If you prefer not to receive such information or be part of our research please email email@example.com
orders of goods and services destined for export, please contact us on 01603 283 369 or firstname.lastname@example.org