1 day a month (4 months)
The course is designed so that on completion of the course all graduates will feel fully equipped to deliver and lead the dance provision within an education and community setting. It is aimed at TA’s, Teachers and Community dance practitioners.
On completion participants will be able to:
1. Understand the skills required when planning dance classes for children and young people.
2. Know how to deliver a dance class to a range of ages and abilities.
3. Be able to show an understanding of and ability to deliver sessions that comply with safe practice in both formal and informal settings.
4. Understand the importance of self reflection within teaching practice.
Be able to demonstrate resources and Information Learning Technology (ILT) for dance classes.
6. Understand the importance of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as a dance practitioner.
Begins January 2017